[compost_tea] Re: vinegar addition

From: tomjasz <tomj_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 04:04:25 -0000

More often than not in our situations, the pH is higher than "ideal".
Our experience has indicated that chasing pH changes is like a dog
chasing his tail, scurrying about with little success. Whats the
point in adjusting the pH to ideal and then using irrigation water
exponentially higher or lower?

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff_at_g...>
wrote:
> What is your water's pH? There was a lot of discussion at the ICTC
event that a pH of 7 is ideal. Instead of vinegar, which,
incidentally will kill microbes, use tang.....I think it was 3
teaspoon for each 1 point....but I don't have my notes here so
hopefully someone will confirm.

> Vinegar is a no no.
>
> Jeff

Buy Naturally Painless & Spray Away Backaches & Joint Pain. $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2867&lp=m331.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tJIe0D/79VGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM