[compost_tea] Anniversary and a strong reminder about posts

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:46:14 -0800

Hi friends!

Well, this week marks the first year we have been on Yahoo....just a little=
 over a year for the listserve. We have over 370 members. (How many have te=
sted their teas?).This is a good time to thank you all for you posts and yo=
ur courtesy. As list "owner" I thought this was going to be a lot of work. =
It has turned out to be a joy so far. Let's keep it up. We made a lot of ad=
vances in this year....from renaming CT to AACT and activating our starter =
composts to new ingredients.

THIS IS ALSO A GOOD TIME TO REMIND FOLKS THAT POSTS TO THE LIST SHOULD ONLY=
 BE ABOUT LIST MATTERS. PLEASE DO NO USE A POST ON THIS LIST FOR A PERSONAL=
 MESSAGE MEANT ONLY FOR A SELECT FEW ON THE LIST (Not picking on your blueb=
erries Bob, but that is a good example). Some folks on this list get hundre=
ds of emails a day and the addition of just one "Hi, so and so, I loved the=
 cake you sent me..." is one too many. And please, no more "thanks" for me=
ssages sent and information received. Your appreciation is a given.

Use this rule: Does what I have to post have to be said? Will it be useful=
 to the whole list? Will others care? OR IS IT PERSONAL. If it doesn 't AD=
D TO THE GROUP DISCUSSION, don't send it. I am going to start to be a stick=
ler this year. We have had a year to practice!

Cheers and thanks everyone!

Jeff