[compost_tea] concern for pathogens in ACT's

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:36:21 -0000

Does anyone drink their tea ie. today I used a siphon hose to move
tea from the 55 gallon barrel I brewed the tea in, to the 4 gallon
sprayer and other 5 gallon storage containers prior to spraying? I
use a pipette bulb when transferring chemicals (on the job in the
labore'atory but didn't have a bulb to fit the hose. How do you
folks transfer the teas? With gloves? buckets? Jeff I read your
letter to the editor last week and other's concern for Escherica coli
carryover on the fruit and vegies...... And would a sump pump
possibly work to aerate a 55 gallon batch of brewing tea. Ya, Jeff
I'm keeping it simple but I'd like to know when the DO goes below
6ppm (or actually when the tea is about to become anaerobic) so I can
stir it. And my first batch had a pH of 4 with a little fish in the
recipe. When I diluted it 1:10 pH came up to around 5.2. And I did
the plant test(sprayed it on plants without a control (standard?).
This low pH didn't kill the plants but did it do them any good? Two
years ago when I tried growing squash, the plants had no tolerance
for squash bugs and this year they seem to. Bugs and plants are still
alive and I'm harvesting some squash...See ya. Dennis

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM