Re: [compost_tea] ACT /Cereals

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:06:35 EDT

Would you agree that 7,000 acres is large scale?

We use AACT on large scale farms. And for less money than the toxic chemical
approach. You have to have someone dedicated to making GOOD tea.

It's do-able, people are doing it, and we are SIGNIFICANTLY reducing the cost
of farming.

In grains, increases from 80 bu/ac to 140 bu/ac, if you do it right.

But it imeans testing to make sure you are making tea correctly. If you just
ASSUME you are getting fungi, lots of fungal diseases would like to prove to
you that you messed up.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic