RE: [compost_tea] B12

From: John Cowan <vivax_at_northlink.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:39:22 -0700

Good question Judi. Vitamin B-12 has been field applied at a rate of about
35-50 micrograms per acre. I tea I think you could guessimate but how would
you measure the results? Bioassays or some sort of sophisticated lab
analysis? Microbes are the source of B-12 so maybe we should be growing the
appropriate microbes either as a separate culture or added to compost tea.

Regarding the use of Roundup from a post a few days ago, I believe Roundup
has been shown to seriously stress the fungal web in mature soil ecosystems.
Not exactly harmless if trees are intimately tied into the fungal component.

Later,

John C.