[compost_tea] Re: Effects of chlorinated water

From: tomjasz <tomj_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:15:46 -0000

Please read my previous posts for clarification. Many municipalities
are using very high levels of chlorine >2PPM (irrigation standards to
keep lines free of bacteria require 1PPM constant) or chloramines
which are persistent. Every drip emmiter I have tested, some 8 or so
so far, has matched the chlorine levels out of the tap. Aeration may
or may not remove chlorine and will not remove chlorimines used by
many municipalities.

The good news is, OM seems to complex the chlorine in soils. But MORE
DATA IS NEEDED TO PROVIDE THE SCIENCE!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM