[compost_tea] Re: Soaker hose fittings/insert

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:49:16 -0000

---Matt, I suppose this is old hat, however, since I'm new, what
tests are you running on CT? I looked at testing costs and they're a
bit pricey for a home gardener/wannabefarmer financing the farm
working nights <in a food (testing) lab>. The CT manual describes the
overnight jug test somewhat and this seems reasonable to me to
determine disposition of a batch of tea. Seems like the jug/nose test
combined with DO, ferment temp relative to ambient, and spray test
using controls could be sufficient using much documentation(in
triplicate,haha). Granted you won't know total fungi and total
bacteria and other chemistry but without money why should I (a food
techie) avoid the fun. I know no one is telling me to do so
but .......... And thanks everyone for the input regarding the soaker
hose aerator (and other info as well). Dennis

  In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ryan, Matthew" <matthew.ryan_at_r...>
wrote:
> Chad,
>
> Yeah I always thought copper was a no no for brewing compost tea.
You
> say you put it in for trace benefits? How do you teas turn out,
good -
> bad -untested?
>
> Thanks everyone who suggested ideas.
>
> Matt

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM