Re: [compost_tea] Re: NOP regulations

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:18:45 EDT

Can't really talk about what the task force has or has not done. I offered
my own opinion about what is needed on the recommendations, but remains to be
seen what will be put into the final recommendation.

The Compost Tea Task Force is focusing just on tea, the regs for testing
compost in the NOP are on the NOP website. I can't recall off the top of my head
just what the requirements are for running samples, but it strikes me
sub-samples have to be taken, but then composited, so sampling is actully from more
than one sample per 10,000 cubic yards.

Elaine
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic