RE: [compost_tea] Re: Re: NOP regulations & Home Tests

From: Tim Kiphart <kiphart_at_ev1.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:28:23 -0500

Total Dissolved Salts.

Tim
  -----Original Message-----
  From: soilfoodweb_at_aol.com [mailto:soilfoodweb_at_aol.com]
  Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 8:26 AM
  To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [compost_tea] Re: Re: NOP regulations & Home Tests

> What am I missing?

    pH? Water condition?

  Yes. That's right. I forgot pH (needs to be near neutral, may have to
add acid or base, which is vinegar or citric acid, or ascorbic acid to drop
pH, or baking soda to raise ph, for example). And that wate may need to be
degassed to get rid of chlorine or hydrogen sulfide. Or humic or fulvic
acid need to be added to exit chloramine.

  Good points. Thank you! It's the reason more than one mind working on a
project is a good thing!

  Elaine Ingham
  President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
  www.soilfoodweb.com
  SFI Oregon, USA
  SFI Australia
  SFI New York
  SFI Europe
  SFI New Zealand

  "Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out
well, but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how
things turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor