Re: [compost_tea] Composited? Tests.

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:19:28 EDT

Phew! Not sure I quite caught everything here. Not entirely clear what all
you want.

How about one concept per e-mail?

Composited means many small samples mixed into one.

Live organisms tests - FDA is the simplest. Must have a high intensity UV lab
in order to see the stain though. that's what is taking time.

And I agree with Kirk about why is CT being subjected to so much scrutiny,
when other things that have been shown to have much greater risk are not
prevented. People die from exposure to pesticides, and all we get are warning labels
on the containers. There has never been a documented case of CT causing a
human death, and we are told that CT is the same as raw manure.

Hopefully that will be changed by the CTTF.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic