RE: [compost_tea] Re: Soil Sampling

From: John Dunbar <jdunbar_at_dunbarco.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:31:30 -0500

Kevin, I agree with Ted's comments of leaving a part of the field unsprayed,
and wanted to add this concept of a "control" to my previous post. Without
some kind of a control you really can't say that your action (using the ACT)
was the cause of the good result. You really need to show that "doing
nothing" or "doing the conventional way" was worse.

Because this is not your property, because the field must be used by others,
and because the field must look good (or, somewhat uniform), I would suggest
you find hiding spots that you can leave as a control. You mark them on
your map. Another way is to place these hiding spots on the fringes of the
main area where they will not be seen.

John