RE: [compost_tea] Re: Soil Sampling

From: John Dunbar <jdunbar_at_dunbarco.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:50:10 -0500

In regards to testing, I would like to know if there should be 3 different
controls to compare against ACT: 1) No application, 2) Water only, 3)
Aerated Water.

I was thinking that Aerated Water may give ACT a run for its money if the
application is a drench and the soils are not aerated properly.

Any comments?

It would be terrible if the big effect from ACT came from O2.

Also, I ordered Paul Sachs' book ("Edaphos: Dynamics of a Natural Soil
System") and it is truly great. I'll be giving it a 5 star review after I
finish reading more of it. Right now I'm skipping around in it. Its a 200
page paper back with lots of information. Its easy to read, yet at the same
time it contains so much information. Every page is underlined heavily.

John Dunbar
Texas