Re: [compost_tea] Re: Soil Sampling

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:27:46 EDT

If you do no application, you are really only testing whether plants need
water to stay alive, and I think we all know the answer to that, we don't need to
test that again.

Water the is not aerated? But most of the water coming through your tap have
adequate aeration. Tap water isn't anaerobic. You'd have to boil the water
and cool it again, in the absence of air, in order to do the control you are
suggesting is needed.

The reason tea is aerated is because we are GROWING huge numbers of bacteria
and fungi. That takes oxygen.

Normal tap water without the organism growth contains plenty of oxygen

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic