RE: [compost_tea] EPA

From: Mike Bosko <mjbosko_at_jmtsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:34:55 -0700

Thanks Bob - I agree. Just because a substance reduces harmful insects
doesn't necessarily making it an "-icide".

Particularly, if it were accomplished it indirectly -starvation by lack of
edible foods. Most likely, it will just make them leave the plant - and
that's not a bad thing either. But even if it were accomplished directly
(the bacteria/fungi (whatever) devouring the insects protective coatings or
internals) - does this make it an "-icide", as you put it?

We're running with terminology again - so lets change the thought of
'-icides', as we think of them today. Lets show there is a better way - and
that can't be done by hiding behind it - but by expressing where it works,
and being honest by where it doesn't work (to me, the most important).

If its something that is applied, that is non-toxic - remind me, where is
the concern? I agree with Bob, its sounding like were afraid to express ACT
for fear of . what again?

Mike