[compost_tea] Re: Filtering ACT

From: alex de mello <xela_at_netgate.com.uy>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:06:58 -0300

dave: thx for the info... but 2oz. in 25 gal, isn't that like 0,06% molasse=
s? that would be far from the 5% I recall reading as a max. here in this fo=
rum...

>Subject: Re: Re: Filtering ACT

Alex - Maybe there are paint filters with different size holes? I can filt=
er five gallons about as quickly as it comes out of my 50 gal tank, maybe 3=
0 seconds. I put the 5 gal pail below the brewer outlet valve and hold the=
 filter bag so the stream of tea passes through it. A little shaking is ne=
eded sometimes to keep the materials moving to the bottom of the bag. I do=
n't substitute anything for molasses, just use less of it. I've had good S=
FI numbers using 2oz. molasses in 25 gals of tea starting with a few pounds=
 of vermicompost.
Dave

alex de mello