[compost_tea] Fruit Club Update

From: chris reid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:52:34 -0400

Thanks for sharing your recipe, Judy. It's great to have such specific
input as to what people are doing.

With such great enthusiasm is being generated in the fruit club, sounds like
a great community spirit is developing there and lots of interesting people.
Everybody is having a good time and you have a popular "product", so why go
formal about it, right?

We have to consider that the results that people are attributing to the tea
have not been demonstrated to have come from the tea. No testing is being
done, so we are getting anecdotal evidence as to the results of using it and
don't as yet know what the tea contains, what kind of b/f balance it has,
etc. We also don't know what kind of conditions it's being applied into.

Plus, the recipe is changing each time, so is it clear which recipe has
helped produce the results that people feel they are getting?

What if the recipe that seems to have helped get the apple scab under
control is not as fungal as the next recipe created?

Please don't be discouraged at test prices -- I think it is a mistake to
think of the tests as only for the big guys. If people are convinced the tea
is making a huge difference, maybe people would be willing at least to come
up with the price of a movie every once and awhile to get the tea tested as
a group?

The tests are either a confirmation that you're onto a brilliant
technique/recipe for making teas, or an investment in learning to make even
more effective teas in the future. What if your test results come back
with numbers better than the big guys?

Chris Reid

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM