[compost_tea] Re: Fruit Club Update

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:41:11 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Judi Stewart" <js_at_o...> wrote:
> Dennis,
>
> I brewed for 18 hours and aerated for 6, using
> the fish hydrolysate from Organic Gem. The water
> temperature remained in the 75 to 78 degree range.
> Though the air temperature drops at night to around
> 50 degrees, and the room is unheated, I always use a space heater.
> I tie tightly a simple Taylor insta-read meat thermometer to a long
> string
> and tie the other end to the handle of a plastic orange
> juice container. If the thermometer should fall in the tank, the
> container floats and the thermometer is retrieved.
> The minimum-maximum thermometer measures the
> room air temperatures.
>
> I trust you've rewarded your worms and returned them
> to the compost.
>
> Judi

Judi, I returned all the worms to the next compost pile with
the "mash" from the finished ACT but to my suprise I later found
worms in the bucket I used to transfer compost to the basket.
Residual compost fines on the sides of the bucket had caught rain
water overnight and produced several more little red wigglers about
1/2 inch long. Dennis

ACT

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM