RE: [compost_tea] Re: Fruit Club Update

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:16:24 -0700

Dennis,

I brewed for 18 hours and aerated for 6, using
the fish hydrolysate from Organic Gem. The water
temperature remained in the 75 to 78 degree range.
Though the air temperature drops at night to around
50 degrees, and the room is unheated, I always use a space heater.
I tie tightly a simple Taylor insta-read meat thermometer to a long
string
and tie the other end to the handle of a plastic orange
juice container. If the thermometer should fall in the tank, the
container floats and the thermometer is retrieved.
The minimum-maximum thermometer measures the
room air temperatures.

I trust you've rewarded your worms and returned them
to the compost.

Judi