Re: [compost_tea] Agitation

From: Mike Harvey <mharvey_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:15:34 +0800

The way to do it is to pump over the solution using a centrifigal pump and
put a venturi on the end where it goes into the tank. this will provide a
fair amount of agitation. You will need a decent sized pump to do it well
(do not remember the specs for it). The air from an AACT machine will not be
enough to provide agitation to dissolve chem ferts. Add sugar or molasses to
the ferts when fertigating and of course AACT will be used in the program
(at a later stage). Use the chem ferts little and often so osmotic shock to
the soil critters is reduced (molasses buffers this as well).
Regards Mike Harvey
www.composttea.com.au