[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HOTLINE V1 N2 now available (fwd)

[This may be of interest.  TH]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 7 May 1994 07:59:00 PDT
From: Lelani Arris <larris@IGC.APC.ORG>
To: Multiple recipients of list DEVEL-L <DEVEL-L@AMERICAN.EDU>
Subject: HOTLINE V1 N2 now available

From: Lelani Arris <larris>

Announcing.......

     H   H    * * *  TTTTT  L      III  N   N  EEEE
     H   H     ***     T    L       I   NN  N  E
     HHHHH   *******   T    L       I   N N N  EE
     H   H     ***     T    L       I   N  NN  E
     H   H    * * *    T    LLLLL  III  N   N  EEEE

Volume 1, Number 2                          May/June 1994

HOTLINE is the occasional newsletter of the US Climate Action
Network. The Climate Action Network is the focal point for
national and international global warming information and advocacy
by American environmental organizations. The Network acts as a
clearinghouse for environmental activists on climate change
issues, and helps coordinate the advocacy efforts of national
environmental organizations. The US Network is part of the
international Climate Action Network, a loose affiliation of over
100 Non-Governmental Organizations around the world.

The overall goal of the Network is to promote governmental and
individual action to limit human induced climate change to
ecologically sustainable levels.  All environment and energy
activists and citizen-based organizations that are active and
concerned about the threat of climate change are invited to
participate and use the information resources of the Network.

For more information about our activities from the global to the
local level, please contact:  The US Climate Action Network, 1350
New York Avenue, NW, Suite 300,  Washington, DC, 20005; Fax- 202
783 5917; Email (internet)- uscan@igc.org

In this issue......

TABLE OF CONTENTS

  1 ABOUT HOTLINE and the Climate Action Network

EDITORIAL
  2 Earth Out of Balance

NATIONAL NEWS
  3 US EMISSIONS Hit All Time High
  4 CAR TALK: Hot Air?

SCIENCE
  5 GLOBAL WARMING 101: The Carbon Cycle

INTERNATIONAL
  6 International Hopes and Fears

LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
  7 Save the Clean Energy Budget

ACTION
  8 WHAT YOU CAN DO
  9 OTHER RESOURCES

 10 RESPONSE CARD

To receive this newsletter via email, please send a request to
Lelani Arris (larris@igc.apc.org).  The newsletter is also
available via anonymous ftp from igc.apc.org (192.82.108.1),
subdirectory pub/ECIX, file name hotline0594.

APC users can find the newsletter in the conference <climate.news>,
and the publication is also accessible via the University of
Virginia's EcoGopher, Education Section, under the menu heading
"Canadian Climate Change News" (a misleading title).

For more information, please contact me:

Lelani Arris                            * Essential Ellements
email:     larris@igc.apc.org           * Box 42
Telephone: 604-968-4380                 * Dunster, BC V0J 1J0
Fax:       604-968-4390                 * Canada