[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Remedy for Colitis?

Shannon Rapp <rapper@brutus.bright.net> wrote:
>My cousin suffers from ulcerated colitis. Can anyone offer her a
>herbal remedy for some relief...or a cure?!?! Anxiously awaiting any
>miracles...
>
>Many thanks!
>
>Shannon

      Datura works wonders!  It is a common weed & ornamental (many
quite pretty!) forms are sold in many nurseries.  I can't give exact
dosages, as alkaloid content varies greatly among different species.  The
active components are scopolomine and related alkaloids (atropine &
such).

      WARNING!  This stuff can be fatal if taken in too strong a dose!
Many have died useing this stuff a "hallucinogen" after it was
popularized for this purpose by the Carlos Castinata books!  IT IS NOT A
PSYCHEDELIC, IT IS A DELERIANT!  IT IS *NOT* FUN!  IT PRODUCES SYMPTOMS
SIMILAIR TO THOSE PRODUCED BY OTC COLD MEDICINES.  ATTEMPTS TO USE THIS
STUFF AS A "RECREATIONAL" INTOXICANT ARE FOOLISH AND VERY DANGEROUS!
MOST ALL DRUGEES WHO TRY THIS STUFF, DON'T LIKE IT AND NEVER USE IT
AGAIN!  THIS STUFF IS LEGAL BECAUSE NOBODY *WANTS* TO ABUSE IT!

     That said, it *IS* reasonably safe when used as an anti-spasmotic,
sinus drying or for other medicinal purposes.  If one finds some, try no
more than one leaf or 1/2 flower, and increase dosage until one feels
effects similair to 25mg benadryl, and adjust dosage to get proper
medical releaf.  If one feels intoxicated or experiences hallucinations,
reduce dosage.

     This is basically for those who lack the money to get proper medical
care.  Scopolamine & atropine are available by prescription in exact
dosage forms.  If you can afford proffesional treatment, get it!  If not,
datura is easy to grow and will provide essentially free medication that
really works.