[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

hedgerows

I am doing reasearch on hedgerows as productive spaces on farms.
My thought are that farmers would be more willing to keep and
maintain them for wildlife corridors and wind and soil erosion
control if they were also producing lumber, nuts, fruits and other
perennial crops. Anyone have experience using black walnut,
hickory, chestnuts, hybrid willow "Austrees"
and shrubs such as blueberry, lamarkii or others for thier
commercial value as well as a hedgerow? I am primarily studying
land that is used for potato production.
--
Phil Ferraro, Director
Institute for Bioregional Studies