Full circle Organic Farm 10/22/97

Your Week's Worth  10/22/97 from Full Circle Organic Farm, 3377 Early Times
Ln, Auburn, CA (916) 885-9201

1 lb      Mesclun salad mix 1 lb Big Rainbow tomatoes
1 ea Nappa cabbage 1 lb  Roc D'Or wax bean
4      Green peppers 1 lb Zucchetta Rampicante
4       Ancho chilies  2-3  Pomegranites
1 bu Salad Rose radishes 1     Creme de la Creme melon 1 lb      Copra yellow
onions     OR 1pt  Fern strawberries

Strange Fruit
   We got pomegranates from our friend and neighbor Sally Allen. Place one in
a plastic bag and roll the fruit around on a flat, hard surface to break the
capsules around the seeds.  Insert a straw and drink. OR Cut a head hole in
the bottom of a garbage bag and slit holes in the side for arms, place over
your child. Sit them on the porch, and let them pick the seeds out.  The
seeds look like jewels in salads and desserts.
  The strawberries look good but lack the sweetness they have at the height
of the summer.  We still find them better than the ones in the store.
  We were harvesting Winter Zucchetta when we came across Summer Zucchetta,
enough for shares.  One last treat.  These are the last of the yellow beans,
but it looks like we'll have green beans next week.
  The Nappa cabbage is starting to exhibit tip burn, that 2-3 yucky leaves
about 1 inch down.  We have no way to know from the outside which cabbages
will have this and which won't.  If you would like us to cut your cabbage in
half to check it, we will do so.  Just ask.  These cabbages are running
1.5-2x larger than we accounted for in your share price.  We use the outer
leaves for stuffing, remove the tip burned leaves.  Use the remaining top 2/3
for cole slaw and cabbage and noodles, and the remaining third gets
stir-fried.