Re: start-up CSA in central Maryland

> The problem comes in
>finding people who want to be involved.  We had fliers advertising our plans
>at our 1997 markets, in the health food stores and only got 7 interested
>individuals.  We then put an add in our local paper but that only got a few
>more people.  I am not interested in spending any more money in advertising at
>this point

Have you tried speaking with church pastors and/or school principals, or
other community leaders?  You might be able to generate more intereset from
a concentrated group of people who are already connected with one another,
and slide shows or personal presentations by you to groups of parents (or
church members, or whomever) could be an effective way for people to "meet
their farmer" and learn about the CSA idea.  If you do approach community
leaders to set up such events, bring your brochure or other printed material
you have so that they can show it to others.

The seven interested members that you have may have some good suggestions
for groups you could contact.

By the way, what's your name?  And where's your farm?  How far to the
nearest city?

Sarah Milstein
Coordinator of CSA Programs, Just Food

625 Broadway, Suite 9C