BIODYNAMIC GARDENING COURSE - SPRING VALLEY NY

980402

BIODYNAMIC GARDENING COURSE - SPRING VALLEY NY

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Date: 980402
From: enerjet@aol.com

A One-Year Part-Time Program of the Pfeiffer Center

BIODYNAMICS
 A scientific and spiritual approach to gardening and farming.

 "If you live a life in balance with the universe...all nature is your
congratulation, and you have cause momentarily to bless yourself."
 -- Henry David Thoreau

 There is a delicate balance to the coexistence of all living things.
Through an understanding of this interdependence, we can maintain
harmony and encourage healing.

 During the course of our one year program, we will teach the
Biodynamic approach, a holistic and healing method of ecological
farming, gardening and landscaping...a practice which has been
developed for over 70 years, on millions of acres, in every climate.
Through talks, hands-on participation and observation, we will explore
composting, pest management, companion planting and planetary
influences. This is a thoroughly unique opportunity to learn how to
work with nature rather than manipulating it.

COURSE DETAILS
 The course consists of eight weekend sessions which begin September
12, 1998 and end with a five day intensive in the Summer of 1999.

*  Saturday, September 12, 1998, 9am-5pm
   Introduction: Evaluation, Environment and Ecology

*  Friday Evening, Saturday, October 2-3, 1998, 8pm-9:30pm & 9am-5pm
   Creating and understanding the healing and harmonizing effects of
   biodynamic preparations. A hands-on workshop.

*  Saturday, October 24, 1998, 9am-5pm
   Soil science and composting. A hands-on session with composting
   expert Will Brinton, Director of the Woods End Research
   Laboratories in Maine.

*  Saturday, November 21, 1998, 9am-5pm
   The influence of cosmic forces on plant growth and nutritional
   qualities.

*  Saturday, February 20, 1999, 9am-5pm
   Life rhythms and garden tasks.

*  Saturday, March 20, 1999, 9am-5pm
   The 4-fold plant, crop rotation, pest management and bees.

*  Saturday, April 17, 1999, 9am-5pm
   Water, H2O or much more? A fascinating discovery/adventure with
   Jennifer Greene, Director of the Water Research Institute in Blue
   Hills, Maine.

*  Saturday, May 15, 1999, 9am-5pm
   Planetary influences on plant forms and colors.

*  Late June or early July, Monday-Friday
   An intensive week, reviewing and applying the material covered
   during the    course. We will concentrate on application of the
   biodynamic sprays,    compost and herb tea, weed and pest
   management, companion planting and    bees.

 Gunther Hauk, Director of the Pfeiffer Center, will be the principal
instructor, drawing on over 20 years of experience as a biodynamic
gardener and teacher in Germany.

LOCATION
 The campus is on the grounds of the Threefold Educational Foundation,
and Sunbridge College in Chestnut Ridge, N.Y. (formerly Spring
Valley). The campus includes the site of the first biodynamic garden
in North America, originally planted in 1927.

TUITION
 $1,000 includes all materials. Participants in the full course will
receive a certificate of completion.

ROOM & BOARD
 Housing is available at the Holder House student residence, in
private homes or at the Holiday Inn in Montvale, N.J. Room rates range
from $25-50, depending on the type of accommodation.

APPLICATION

Name

Address

City/State/Zip

Home Phone

Work Phone

Fax

Email

 You will be sent confirmation of your registration along with a
registration packet.

 Applications should be sent to:

Pfeiffer Center
Threefold Educational Foundation
260 Hungry Hollow Road
Spring Valley NY 10977

 A $25 deposit (non-refundable) should accompany your application.
Please make your check payable to Threefold Educational Foundation.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

Threefold Educational Foundation
260 Hungry Hollow Road
Spring Valley NY 10977
Tel: 914-352-5020 x 20
Fax: 914-352-5071
Email: enerjet@aol.com

    *        G A R D E N   S T A T E   E N V I R O N E T        *
    *  Tel 973-586-4128  MAILBOX@GSENET.ORG  Fax 973-627-8616   *
    *                 EcoNet Conference: env.nj                 *
    *              WWW Site: http://www.gsenet.org              *
    *     Listserver: majordomo@igc.org  subscribe gsenet-L     *

=END=