Apprentice Opportunity w/ WI CSA

LUNA CIRCLE  FARM is looking for apprentices. Contact Tricia, Rt. 1 Box 126CC,
Gays Mills, WI 54631  tel (608) 735-4990. Luna Circle is a wimmin-owned and
operated organic vegetable farm. We are dedicated to an ideal of low-input,
small-scale agriculture and to carrying on the tradition of wimmin in
farming. We raise over 40 kinds of vegetables, herbs, and flowers on 3
acres, and sell at the Madison (WI) Farmer's Market and through our CSA in
the Madison area. We live off-grid using alternative technology such as a
windmill and an outhouse.
        Apprentices learn all aspects of organic vegetable farming from
seeding, transplanting, and weeding to harvesting and marketing.
Apprentices also learn some seed-saving, canning, root-cellaring, and other
rural living skills. This year we will be putting in strawberry and
raspberry beds. Apprentices are needed May 1 to October 31. We prefer a 6
month commitment, but wimmin can come for 3-6 months. A new building for
housing apprentices is currently under construction. It will provide a
small private room for each apprentice and a communal kitchen area. We all
share cooking and cleaning responsibilities. The farm provides food and all
meals are vegetarian and vegan. We also offer a monthly stipend. Many
recreational activiities (e.g. hiking, biking, canoeing) exist in the area.

Please respond by phone or mail to Tricia at the above address, or respond
by email to Astrid Newenhouse,   astridn@facstaff.wisc.edu.