can CSA provide a living?

I am wondering...
for those of you already in production and actually working your farms,
can you make a reasonable living at this?
I went to the library and checked out a book on small scale farming (it
was negative) and made it sound like there was no way a person could
find ANY profit in this business.
To be honest, my goal is to pay my property pmts and taxes and pay the
bills generated by farming. Is this an unreasonable expectation or are
those of you out there able to achieve this?
Please let me know.
Thank you.
--
	Karen A. Rains          krains@onysd.wednet.edu
Board of Directors      Onalaska School District #300