The cost of leasing land

I would like to hear from people who lease land for a CSA on the
terms/cost of the lease.  I am about to negotiate a 15-20 year lease with
a community land trust for a two-acre community farm.  Is the cost based
on area land prices?, a percentage of gross income?, etc.  I will be
growing a succession of cover crops next year to improve the soil and
irradicate perennial grasses and probably won't generate any income until
2000, won't realize a profit until the following year or two.  Where do I
begin?  I know people who lease land here on the island to board horses
but I will be providing a community service on my two acres and improving
the soil.  Can I figure that into the cost fo leasing the land?  Any
thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Margaret Hoeffel, Vashon Island, WA