Re: The cost of leasing land

Oh I forgot to add that I have no formal lease arrangement. It's all
verbal to which some people will undoubtedly shudder. I guess a written
agreement can be nicer for some things but often don't protect you as much
as you think. OTOH, I think the major investment I've made is in my
learning curve which I will take with me when I leave. My other
investment has been to improve the soil and diversity of plant life
which in turn increasese insect/critter life, but that is something
the benefits of which I do not care to measure in money nor do they
accrue to individual humans. That is, if I could no longer garden
there my regret would not be to leave behind such wonderful soil and
plants, rather, i'd be saddened only if the garden was lost to a
monoculture of something like lawn.... OTOH, if I felt like I were putting
"improvements" that were something other than the riches and rights of
nature (don't know what that would be off the top of my head...an
expensive pump or fencing or?) I might be more inclined to go for a
serious contract/lease.

more 2 cents,
eliza