Gravel tailings for fertilizer? and Hydrogen Peroxide

>The answer is - yes but not exactly.
>
>Powdered rock, especially igneous rocks, will *slowly* release most of
the
>minor elements, sulfur, potash and phosphate.  It is a quick fix for no
>problems.  When rock is crushed at a quarry for gravel, a small amount
of
>the rock is powdered for which a quarry has no use.  It usually ends up
in
>the bottom of some pond.  The stuff, the tailings are an environmental
>problem for the quarry.  It blows around and is easily eroded.  They
will
>be happy for you to take it if you can figure out how, they don't want
>figure it out.
>
>---Jay

Thanks a lot, Jay, for helping to answer my question. I'll ask some
local quarries if they have such tailings. I suspect that they may not,
as it seems the local strata are mostly plain limestone. We do have some
shale, but I don't know if the quarries do and I suppose it wouldn't
have the more useful minerals. There's some flint around. Isn't that
igneous? It may be miniscule tho. I just heard that hydrogen peroxide
increases crop yields, kills some insect pests and protects against
drought at low cost among other things. And it's OCIA approved. There's
a supplier of 35% H2O2 in S. Ill. I'll send a copy of this to csa since
others may like to know this stuff.