Re: Monsanto and Overcoming Corruption

>> >LH wrote:
>> >Jane's reports ( she works for
>> >UCS) on bioengineering or maybe the reports on pesticides from the
>> >Environmental Working Group. And Friends of the Earth has defended
the
>> >small farmer's interests against the mega-corporations rather well.
>> Maybe
>> >we should become more involved in working for a sustainable future
>> rather
>> >than simply dismissing out of hand good environmental organizations.
>> Lloyd wrote:
>> Hi Leigh. Did these groups do anything to get the word out about the
>> USDA scheme or the CODEX anti-alternative health care garbage? If
they
>> actually help prevent such schemes, I can believe that they may be
free
>> from influence, but if they do not, then I tend to think they are
>> influenced. Where do they get grants from? Aloha. Lloyd

>LH wrote:
>Lloyd,
>Why don't you check for yourself?  Personally, I would rather reserve
this
>list for discussions of questions concerning the day to day and long
term
>operation of CSA's.
>Leigh

Hi again. The USDA and CODEX schemes threaten the whole foundation of
the organic and health movements. If that happens, csa members may as
well buy their food from the stores, because farmers won't be able to
say their products are organic are free of unwanted additives, etc. Are
members of a group not supposed to share with each other about outside
threats to the group? And I don't have time to check where those
environmental groups, etc. get their funding or how effectively they
support the organic and health movements. I got too much farmwork to do.
It's more cost-effective for me to ask people on lists like this, some
of whom may well have the answers at their fingertips. If big biz is
behind a seemingly friendly organization like those you mentioned, they
would necessarily have to make the organization appear to be friendly on
the surface while in reality doing the bidding of big biz. That's why
results of such groups are important and knowing their funding sources.
Rockefellers, Ford and the like usually have their hands in any major
organization in one way or another. For organic to succeed, I think we
have to be careful to steer clear of such big biz influence. I'll shut
up, but I'd like this list to be open to timely warnings from anyone
about outside threats to our cause. Eh? Lloyd