Re: price structure

At 05:00 PM 9/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Having all your produce go to your CSA removes probably the most common
obstacle to setting your share price like Sarah (and many others) recommend.

If your produce goes to other outlets as well (which is the case for the
vast, vast majority of farms that sell through CSA), you can still use the
budget method by figuring a whole-farm budget, and then making decisions
about what percentage of that you'd like to have the CSA cover (then divide
by the number of shares you're planning to sell).

Having worked closely on budgets and pricing with about 10 farms, I can
report that everybody does it a little differently and nobody finds it easy.
It's generally a tough process, I think, and as Leigh suggested, it would be
great to hear from more people on how they approach it.

Good suggestions about alternative payments, btw.

Sarah