Re: a farmer driven CSA:

Art,
I really like the comments you have made about CSA farming:

> The mission of a CSA is education and nutrition.  Consumer behaviors and
> preferences will only change through education.  Our mission statement is "To
> observe, apply and teach sustainable urban agriculture" (or see one, do one,
> then teach one)

> So relax and enjoy providing a community service that most of your subscribers
> will appreciate and enjoy.  A healthy, local and hopefully sustainable food
> supply is unusual in our culture.

I really like the idea of an "extras bin" I have discussed this with
people and they love that too. This allows people who really love (let's
say garlic!) to have more and those who don't can put their share in the
bin.

One of the things I am doing now is searching for good recipes for
vegetables that people may not normally purchase at the grocery store.
We want to really help people learn how to use and eat the veggies they
get from us. I believe that if I can supply them with some recipes, that
will help.

Thank you for sharing your comments because that only helps re-enforce
the CSA ideology for those of us just starting out.

Karen Rains

--
John Eric and Karen Rains
Lacamas Lakes Ranch