Re: Value added in CSA's

Our CSA members really love being able to get our pastured broiler chickens a
couple of times a summer.  We haven't structured the pre-payments like the
CSA, but the chickens are all pre-ordered. It's great not to have to worry
about marketing finished birds. Members have also ordered beef and pork from
other local growers.
We haven't done this yet, but there was some member interest in setting up a
barter system within the CSA. For example, one member offered to clean my
house during the summer in exchange for extra produce. I think with the
diversity of our membership, this concept could be quite successful.--I sure
would love to have my floors washed sometime before winter!!
Linda
Homestead Farms