Bedding for birds

Does anyone have any experience, or information about, using shredded paper
(from an office) as bedding for chickens, ducks or geese?  I've given it a
limited try, and so far results are good. My office produces quite a bit,
and I would guess that my CSA members are also producing shredded paper in
their offices. I checked with our maintenance person, and found out the
shredded paper wasn't even being recycled.  The ducks seem to know how to
re-use it. I worry some about the inks- especially with nesting time coming
up.
Does anyone know of a source for custom printed twist-ties.  In addition to
CSA, we sell to a local grocer and at a farmer's market.  I've done flower
bouquets for the grocer for years but haven't figured out a good way to get
our farm name on them.   This is a small community, and it has always been
a puzzle to me that my bouquets sell very well at the store, and much less
well at the market.  I do have competion from "flowers only" vendors.  I'm
also frustrated by the producer manager saying "I can't tell which is left
over, your bunch greens or the wholesaler's.  I"m hoping to find a source
to get the ties printed with our farm name and the organic label.