Re: horse manure

I also have access to unlimited amounts of this material.  Unfortunately
it is great breeding-ground for fleas.  My best solution has been to
throw it all in the chicken-pen first, as  horse manure can remain
clumpy for a long time.  They tear it up into nice homogeneous
material, mixing it thoroughly with the soil bacteria, after which the
composting time is reduced, and the material much finer...