Re: certification

These are only my thoughts yet I can not help but feel there are other
small growers that feel the same way.  Yes David I understand but you see
organic farmers already have to fill out the spray forms and do what any
other farmer has to do also we already have to follow food production
methods and facilities .   This is going to be a extra tax because of the
chemicals we are not using.  NOT USING  This  is an extra tax on only
organic farmers over and above what farmers have to do.  If an organic
farmer uses a pesticide even if it is organic we still have to do the paper
work.  We are not asking to be treated better that any other farmers it is
just we don't want to be treated worse.  We have to do what regular farmers
do plus a tax and paper work for what we don't use. Can you see the
chemical farmers being tax for what they don't use?  No way  why because
they are will repesented.     You know when a big farmer changes to organic
they only want to know what can I substitute for this and what can I use
instead of this poison . for the big boys it is easy because the big
chemicals companies help them with all the paper work and most are under
contract to do the work for them.  but when a small farmer wants to grow
organic he alone has to eat all the extra paper work and pay all the extra
cost and when they take one look at all the bullshit they will have to do
and all the extra expense they will have to pay for not using poisons the
small farmer will run.   Organic food is about 1% of the game.  Do you
really think the USDA is going to put their arm around the organic farmer
and help them along.  (JOKE) They are in bed with the big farming business
and chemical companys.  Do you think the ag. guys want to stop checking
Menthol bromide spraying to go check some organic farmer that is not using
anything harmful .  I think even those that wanted teeth will be greatly
disappointed when the USDA comes out with their idea of what organic is .
The USDA is pushing DNA changing of life forms as the new fronteer.   They
are taking over our certifiers and the certifiers will become domicile
sheep  being lead around by government enforcement on a path they do not
want to follow .  They are putting stuff in this bill that will hurt the
small farmer and burden him .  Any one that thinks $5000 anual sells is
giving considered concern to the small farmer is heartless and this is
absurd and if put in the act it will take a act of congress to change it.
this is no game it WILL be a very real hardship on the small farmer that
the USDA says they are trying to protect.  It is easy for the big boys
(Dole.hines ,gurber) to be organic and grab market share and soon there
will be no small organic farmers and that is to bad . It would have be a
nice niche where small growers could stay on the small farms.   but big
fish will eat little fish and life go on.