Re: (Fwd) (US) Sierra Club Sustainable Diet Initiative

Michele wrote: (snip)
]  Any
>thoughts on the petition's presentation of food system and
>agricultural issues?
>
>Thoughts, anybody?  I'll share mine later.
>

>peace
>michele

   Hi Michele,

   I think the Sierra Club proposal is well
   meaning, but simplistic.
   It avoids the real issue, which is that
   the rapid rate we are using our fossil fuel
   resources is giving most of us an unrealistic
   picture of our real agricultural wealth. Once
   the oil is gone, North Americans and Europeans
   will eat much like everyone else, don't you think?
   IMHO we need a carbon tax to help
   remind us the true value of sustainable/
   non-sustainable resources we have come to
   depend on.

   jim

Jim Wright
Box 129