Re: En: Polyculture / Castor

Hi Marhsa,

Sorry to nag, but Lawrence is quite right. This cost me an hour to download, an
hour of a blocked phone line and sitting in front of the computer, wondering
what on earth this could be (by 5MB I began to hope for a nice fat translation
contract), and $1.20 of connection time.
A much better way to disseminate the information is write a short description
and then to send it out by request or to make it available for download.
Lawrence has installed a great upload/download facility at our alt.permaculture
website http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture-online/index.html at

uploading documents:
http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture-online/upload-docs.html
uploading pictures: http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture-online/upload-pics.html

viewing/downloading documents:
http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture-online/uploads/docs/?M=D

viewing/downloading pictures:
http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture-online/uploads/pics/?M=D

Also pictures in a Word document tend to tremendously inflate the file size.
Zipping would have been called for, or a simple text format and separate lower
resolution pics.

Having said all that, I'm looking forward to reading the stuff, the pics look
great.

Slán,

Ute

Marsha Hanzi wrote:

> Dear Friends at the  Permaculture List,
>
> Please find annexed for your interest  a resume(with photographs) of the
> first field trials of dyland polycultures with castor as main cash crop
>  hosted by my husband who is the director of the castor oil plant here-- any
> resemblance with Permaculture is mere coincidence...  ;-)  ) [snip]
>   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                          Name: polycult2 engl.doc
>    polycult2 engl.doc    Type: Microsoft Word Document (application/msword)
>                      Encoding: base64
>
>                                Name: Policultures July 00.xls
>    Policultures July 00.xls    Type: Excel File (application/msexcel)
>                            Encoding: base64

Dipl.-Ing. TU Landschafts- und Freiraumplanung
Ute Bohnsack
Sailchearnach, Clogher, Kilfenora, Co. Clare, Ireland
mailto:sustag@eircom.net
Agri-Environmental Consultancy and Translation Services (English-German-English)
http://www.atril.com/bin/directory.dll/1546
                ~~~~~~~~~
Seedsavers Resources http://homepage.eircom.net/~merlyn/seedsaving.html