Re: GBlist:geothermal ( Sustainable Home In LAH, CA (fwd))

David F. Lambertson wrote:

> Thank you for your references to composting toilet web sites.  I've
> seen
> these.   The value of this discussion group however is in the
> practical real
> world advice we get from people out there who've used the various
> systems.
> I've done a lot of reading about the many possibilities for the
> variety of
> options we have for toilets, greywater systems, heating water, etc but
> would appreciate receiving experience advice from this group.
>
> An earlier plea regarding the latter topic, for instance, has gone
> un-answered. ie, A group who deals in the variety of alternative
> heating
> systems as well as the old-fashioned gas or electric fired hot water
> heater
> says that the latter is the best most efficient way to do it.  Any
> comments?
>
> Geothermal heating.  What are the precautions of which I should be
> aware?
>
> Building a house for oneself is a WHOLE lot different than building
> one for
> other folks, that's the rub.

for case study references on geothermal heat pumps go
to:http://www.ghpc.org/cases/dircases.htm#Residential Case Studies
find an application that is 5 or so years old and call the owner.

One concern I heard about but have not found a reference for is loss of
thermal energy due to high rates of circulation in a small loop ie.
changes in thermal gradient that became permanent...?

Why is building a house for oneself a whole lot different?

John

John