GBlist: Garages

Hi,

I read the recent posting re: garages and it reminded me of a friend of
mine who has asked me for help on a problem in her home affecting her
health.  Her 10-year old home here in S. Florida was built with the air
handler in the garage.  Since buying the house she has experienced
burning eyes and some breathing discomfort.

Initially, her car was leaking antifreeze but that situation has been
corrected.  She is still concerned that
fumes from things like paint, garden chemicals and the car exhaust may be
being drawn into the a/c system.

Any thoughts on this situation and possible solutions would be
appreciated.

I particularly would like to hear from John Bower.

Sincerely,

Beverly A. Weiter
Environs Interiors Inc.
Boca Raton, FL