[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solar Powered (PV) Bug-Zappers

In article <3tjojb$i1b@blackice.winternet.com>, witsotn@winternet.com (Raul
Almquist) wrote:

>   We are looking desperately for Bug-Zappers that will work off of 12VDC
> to hook up to PV panels with a small regulator and battery, this is for
> installation in remote areas where 120VAC is NOT available (10 miles to
> the NEAREST utility gridline and VERY unlikely to be available anytime in
> the next 25 years:()

I have considered this same issue for work in the tropics. I have not found
anything that will work off a stock system. The best solution I have come
up with is using a inverter to get 120. If you use between 25 and 40 watts
which most of the ones I have seen are you can get a fairly cheap inverter
<$50.

bill staley