[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Steve Lajioe's Thesis

In <DFA586.G57@eskimo.com> lajoie@eskimo.com (Stephen Lajoie) writes:

>I haven't seen ONE credible response to my post about the cost or the
>size of solar collectors needed to provide a significant amount of
>power to the U.S. energy grid.

You have built a strawman thesis that attempts to prove that solar
energy is worthless or 'snake oil'.  There have been many here who have
provided details of actual residential usage of solar power and heat.
You continue to ignore this, and espouse only one approach in your
strawman.

>What's more, certain solar advocates have not provided any sort of
>numbers or data, and simply say that I've been "discredited" in my ROM
>analysis via their flippant remarks and silly statements.

And they are true.  Have you visited the referenced data sites?  If
not, I will repeat some of them for those who may have missed them;

http://www.nrel.gov/1/information/nrel/solar/
http://solstice.crest.org/renewables/solrad/index.html

>There is really no reason for me to continue. There is no discussion.

I notice this is posted to a.e.r only, which is just as well for the
folks at s.e.

Cheers,

Will Stewart