[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: solar charts

Nick Pine (nick@vu-vlsi.ee.vill.edu) wrote:
: Margaret Cyrzan  <cyrzan@ecf.toronto.edu> wrote:
: >
: >I am interested in finding the position of the sun at noon at approx. 40
: >degrees latitude in July.  In other words at what angle is the sun from the
: >horizon.  Where can I get such information from?
:
: You might look in the second (1991) edition of Duffie and Beckman's Wiley
: book, _Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes_.... [snip]
:
: >Also, does anyone know where I might find a chart that shows the angle at
: >different times in the day for different months at different latitudes?
:
: There's a formula in D&B's book above.

In case you're not near a library but are near a browser, you could surf to:

  http://solstice.crest.org/staff/ceg/sunangle/

and run the interactive calculator (with lots of good help menus).

Jeff