Re: [seedsavers] Where is everyone?

There are a lot more out there.  I have most of their catalogs (somewhere).
Milk Farm and Ronniger's sell potatoes.  Nichols
www.nicholsgardennursery.com is a good one too.  I just came back from SE
Arizona and picked up a catalog at a little farmer's market in Sierra Vista,
AZ.  It is all native American seeds www.nativeseeds.org .  Wow!,  I have
never seen so many beans and they have lots of chilies, tomatoes/tomatillos,
corn,squash, melons and sorghum varieties. Not sure how they will do here.
My season is  a little short and my summer nights are cool to downright
chilly.

A catalog came today from with  Gourmet Seed International
www.gourmetseed.com.   I have hardly looked but it looks promising.  I have
54 acres here.  Too much for a small woman my age.  Damn, too much too late.
Why didn't I have this 20-30 years ago.  I just bought 500 Douglas Fir
seedlings that I am going to plant to pay for my grandchildren's college
education.  I figure if I can plant 500 seedling every year for 3-4 years in
20 years they should be worth a pile of cash.  I have an old Ford 9N with a
PTO and an auger to dig the holes.  I should be able to interplant berries,
fruit trees and some nut trees.  Anybody started nut or fruit trees from
seeds?  Guess I'll dig out Carla's book and see what she says :-)))

I am trying quinoa, sorghum, teff,  and chia this year.  Also tyfon,
mangels, fodder radish and turnips for the livestock, wheat and millet for
the chickens.  Should be interesting if it all grows.

Margaret
http://farfarawayfarm.blogspot.com/