Re: [seedsavers] Unfortunate circumstances regarding this list

>From the US Patent and Trademark Office:

The term "Seed Saver" was registered by SSE in January of 1984:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=8repsr.2.6
Renewed in January of 1993:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=8repsr.2.3

The SSE logo including the words "Seed Saver" were registered in May of 1989:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=8repsr.2.4

The term "Seed Savers Exchange was registered in April of 1993:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=8repsr.2.2

All of this was done well prior to Kent's leaving SSE, and under his
leadership. I have heard that he staunchly defended his turf in these
matters.

Elise