Re: [seedsavers] Pugs' Introduction

Pugs wrote:

> I do have SDD (space denial disorder)

I used to have that. I moved to a bigger place. *laugh*

>and EDD energy denial disorder). Or is it TDD (time denial disorder)?

I'm not sure they're the same thing. I know I have EDD (I have fibro and
I can't get used to the fact that I can't do as much as I used to). I
often say I need more hours in the day, but I think it's because I don't
have enough energy. ;-)

  > I've got seed for almost 80 tomatoes. I plan to grow out 30 of them.
The
> PL (potato leaf) ones will be the hardest to keep pure. I'm looking at
> neighbors' yards to see if there is space for 6 plants.

You can always make cages as big as the plants and sleeve them with
tuffbelle or tulle if you have to, or you can just bag some of the
flowers along and along.

> I'll bribe them
> with honey and tomatoes. Oh, and I've been finding out what some of my
> coworkers grow and am offering seed to them so I can get some back.
> Making sure that they don't grow other kinds and are far enough way from
> others to ensure purity of seed. I'm looking at some of the squashs for
> them.

Good luck!

> Potatoes, I had order 6 kinds to try, then I found Tom Wagner's blog and
> he is selling a sampler of 6 kinds of his creations for $40 including
> postage. So now I have Skagit Valley Gold, Lumpers, Nordic October,
> October Blue, Adirondacksen and Thumb Wingers to try too.

I want to do potatoes eventually, but I don't think that's in the cards
this year. I am essentially starting my beds over from scratch this
year. It's a major time sink. None of that "just go plop plants in the
ground when it's warm enough" for me this time. I know I won't get as
far as I want to, so I am trying to figure out what needs doing first.

Happy growing!
Morgan