tree rats and owl

Shall add my 2 cents; I use 40 pound test line to suspend my feeders, the
squirrels don't seem to be able to get their little paws around it.  Pepper
powder was a waste of money.  On my feeder with wire around it and a metal
lid,, I have used leather key fobs to keep the sq. from prying up the top
and getting in.  On my bottle feeder, I made a cover of hardware cloth to go
around it.  I also use a baffle but the sq. can get over it and when I am
home I turn out the supreme squirrel dog: POSSUM the greyhound.  She has
been trained to chased little white things and the squirrels are close
enough.  She ejects herself from the deck, runs to the feeder or tree and
has a great time.  The sq. get off scott free except for the loss of adrenaline.
I think I flushed a barred owl oon my morning ride, it was going away from
me but was big and brown.  Also heard a YB Cuckoo.  Otherwise the only thing
i am hearing/seeing are indigo buntings and Canadas.  Did hear a field sp today.
barb brooks
hillsborough, nc
brooksba@mindspring.com