Update at West end Sunset Beach

On Friday there was the palest of immature reddish Reddish Egrets in the
inlet at the west end of Sunset Beach.

While I waited for it to get off its snag and start its wonderful balletic
feeding, I lost sight of a smaller by at least 2 inches godwit that was
feeding with a normal looking Marbled godwit.   Mea Culpa.  I was heading
into the sun and trying to get ahead of the pair so I could turn around and
get the smaller one in the right light.  From what I could see it was
plumaged the same.  But it kept its wings folded so I didn't get any
distinguishing underwing or rump looks.  Mentioned bird to Barbara Gearheart
when I went to chase the Western Grebe and she didn't think  it could have
been a young marbled that much smaller.  I know the males and females are
different sizes, but would there be that much difference?  I know Hudsonians
have been seen in New Jersey already.  Any opinions???? I would love some
feedback.   I'll try to get back out there tomorrow.

Mary McDavit, again.   osprey@nccoast.net