just a little early...

This morning along the birdy back roads, I was stopped in my tracks by the
singing of a Yellow-throated Vireo.  The bird was just over the line on the
Fairfield side of the Fairfield/Richland county line.  I haven't checked my
notes for the usual arrival dates of Yellow-throated Vireos but I do know
they have never arrived before the first Black-and-White Warblers, Common
Yellowthroats or Blue-gray Gnatcatchers started singing.  And I know they
have never arrived at the same time as the first of the Yellow-throated
Warblers, which I found singing in the yard just last Tuesday morning.

Donna S. Bailey
Winnsboro, SC

e-mail: dsbailey@conterra.com

	Where are the Birds?  Migration across South Carolina